Friday, November 23, 2007

Amazing Vegan Thanksgiving Feast! (Only thing missing was the cruelty.)





At your Thanksgiving celebration, did you have Stuffed Shells, Macaroni Salad, Couscous, Green Bean Casserole, Orange Liqueur Sweet Potatoes, Tofurky with potatoes and green beans, Sweet and Sour "Meat"Balls, Roasted Lemon Rosemary Carrots, Mashed Potatoes, Swiss Chard, Stuffing, 2 kinds of gravy, Enchiladas, Walforf Salad, Cranberry Sauce, Applesauce, 5 different appetizer dips, with chips & veggies, Pumpkin Pie, Cinnamon Rolls, Chocolate Cream Pie, Key Lime Pie, Whipped Soy Cream, Apple Cider and Sangria? All without animal cruelty mixed in?

I can't imagine that anyone could have eaten any better than I did yesterday, due to the addition of animal carcasses and animal by-products on their table. Not only was the food delicious and satisfying, I didn't celebrate a day of thanks by supporting the pain and suffering of sentient beings.

We should all be thankful for the abundance of non-animal food choices and the creative people who devise fantastic dishes from them. I can't think of a better example of what Thanksgiving is about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it really was amazing food. I wish we could have had every omni in the world at our table to see how good vegan living is. This was my first cruelty free Thanksgiving because I did not go to relatives houses, but to my vegan family's house. I felt so happy all day because there was no dead body on the table and no suffering in any of the dishes. It was so great to be able to eat everything on the table without worrying about anything except maybe the integrity of the seams of my clothes (just kidding).