Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Resolution - blog more?

Blogging is hard work. Like the presidency was for George W. Bush. I have great admiration for those that do it well, and consistently. It's quite a challenge to present interesting topics and back it up with well written verse, research and facts.

But I want to do it more, and I'm going to make an effort to do just that - even if it means just sharing random thoughts that aren't focused on veganism.

Like for instance, I spent an obscene amount of time this "season" watching corny holiday romances on the Lifetime and Hallmark channels. Apparently if it has snow, Christmas lights and some improbable love story, I'm in. Does anyone else suffer from that malady? I guess it's better than doing crack... or is it?

My husband doesn't understand my interest in romance movies and, ehem, reality TV. I tell him that's the same way I feel about him watching baseball - I don't find that the least bit interesting and a waste of time. So is it predominantly hormone driven? I know there are exceptions - women who enjoy watching sports, and men who enjoy romances - but there does tend to be a legitimate separation between the sexes along these lines.

When I think about it, I find it somewhat disturbing that this is one more example of compulsions - resulting from being a human animal - I have no control over. Intellectually I know these activities are pointless and time wasting, but I can't help myself. So I feed the urges.

But now that the election is over and the holidays are behind us, I'm going try to limit TV watching in the New Year, and focus on some other pursuits - like blogging. But if you don't hear from me for a while, check the TV listings. There's probably a new season of The Bachelor or something on, and that's where I am.

And it's not my fault...

No comments: