Saturday, December 15, 2007

Easy Vegan Meal - Thai Coconut Soup

It's cold, I'm in the mood for soup today, I'm lazy and I'm on a coconut kick. So....another can of Amy's soup comes to the rescue!

This time it's Amy's Tom Kha Phak or Thai Coconut Soup. To this, I add a can of Trader Joe's Light Coconut Milk - I like this kind because it's less calories and this brand is inexpensive. Then I throw in some frozen sugar snap peas, frozen mixed mushrooms (the greatest thing ever from Woodstock Farms) and Morningstar Farms Chik-n-Strips. I bring it to a light boil, serve some up and then season with kosher salt and pepper to taste and top with some fresh cilantro. I like things spicy, so I also splashed some Tabasco on top.

OMG good!

By adding the extra ingredients, I stretched the servings from 2 to 4, enhanced the flavors and textures, created more of a complete meal in one pot and cut down on the sodium content.

No comments: